Perks of AMC: An Inside look

FIT

Advertising and marketing have always connected with me. As a young girl, I was mesmerized with my mother’s American and Hispanic fashion magazines. Each magazine had a distinctive typeface style and content, and I would dissect and analyze each advertisement and article. I was fascinated by the different cultural appeal, beauty and fashion trends. I would enjoy making my own magazines, putting together a story line and collage of magazine clipping and photos. I remember being asked by my father on a daily basis to summarize my day; I enjoyed the opportunity to tell a story about me, to elaborate on what I learned, and to describe how I saw things through my own perspective. My love for creative marketing is the reason why I chose Advertising and Marketing Communications at FIT.

From creating marketing campaigns to promoting products to building brand awareness, AMC prepares you to become the entrepreneur you’re destined to be. From you’re very first semester, you will be immersed in classes with foundational knowledge of advertising and marketing, direct marketing, promotion, public relations, etc. AMC courses allow you to develop media plans, write print advertisements, press releases, magazine articles, and so much more. You’ll learn skills you can apply across a multitude of industries – especially the ones you’re most passionate about. Whether your goal is to work for your favorite clothing brand or one of the top Fortune 500 companies, AMC will give you an impressive foundation in marketing communications designed to showcase your creativity, skill and talent.

More than anything, you’ll be guided by a faculty of practicing professionals of 30+ years, varying from advertising and public relations executives, editors, journalists, producers, and marketing consultants. They can offer an inside scoop into the industry, provide contacts through networking and bring in guest lecturers for seminars to interact and ask questions.

If you want to get down to the creative side of business, AMC is the major for you!

Melinda