Why FIT is a Fit for You

FIT

During my junior year of high school, my parents began to encourage me to look into colleges for my desired major of advertising and marketing. By the end of my senior year, I had applied to a total of 20 colleges in which I was accepted (I clearly kept my options open.)

Although I don’t suggest applying to more than 10 schools, it exists as one of my greatest accomplishments and gave me a broad perspective of what to look for when it came to my home for the next four years. I had accepted admission into Penn State and withdrew my deposit as soon as I got my acceptance letter from FIT. I knew in my heart I would have opportunities here I wouldn’t have anywhere else.

For starters, FIT’s major and related area courses are designed to have students delve into their choice of study from the very beginning. As an AMC student, I started taking marketing classes while completing prerequisites for other courses within my first semester. This allowed me to learn about the industry much sooner than I would have if I went to another school with a different structure.

In addition to major area courses, the professors teaching students are industry professionals. The professors I have had at FIT have worked in their field for 30+ years and have many connections within the industry. Networking with professors for potential internships, jobs or event opportunities is a great way to get your foot in the door when it comes to industry experience.

One of the main reasons I chose FIT over every other school I applied to is because it is located in the heart of Manhattan. Arguably the business capital of America, Manhattan is the centerfold of opportunities to make a name for yourself. Traveling among brand headquarters every day, while representing the FIT brand, demonstrates your potential as a college go-getter looking for future job opportunities post-college.

New York City is the world’s most competitive city full of endless opportunities. FIT will prepare you for the workplace and prove to employers just how valuable you are!

Melinda