New Semester Checklist

Coming back from a VERY long winter break can be daunting.  Your mind isn’t necessarily in the same place that it once was at the end of last semester, so it’s easy to forget the school essentials.  I’m here to help you remember what you need to get together before January 25th comes around:

• Textbooks: If your professor has already specified the exact textbooks that you’ll need and the level of use for them, then go ahead and RENT them from chegg.com or the FIT bookstore.  If you don’t know yet, don’t make any purchases!
  • FIT ID: If you are a returning student, be sure to give yourself enough time on the first day to get yourself a brand new sticker for the semester.  Nothing is worse than running late on the first day!  If you are a new student, you’ll get your fancy student ID and sticker at orientation!
  • Agenda/Planner: I could not live without my planner.  It is truly my guide for everything that I do.  If you have never used one, I highly recommend it!  It can help aide you in staying organized and on top of your life, both in and out of school.
  • USB/Backup:  These two go hand and hand, but if you have not backed up your USB from last semester, do it now!  If your USB is full from last semester, clear some documents off, or get a new one, but be sure to write your name and phone number on it in case it gets lost!
  • Supplies: This may be self explanatory, but you’d be surprised how easy it is to forget a notebook and a pen on the first day.  Unless you know how the class is going to run, be sure to take notes on what type of supplies you’ll need during the first week.

Best of luck!

Ashley