Brooklyn Flea + Smorgasburg!

I hate to say it, but before this past weekend, I had never been to the Brooklyn Flea Market or Smorgasburg. As a (part-time) New Yorker, it seemed like a disgrace! I have always heard such wonderful things about the variety of delicious, funky, new foods that are offered there and my mouth would water on the spot. Or when someone is wearing a unique piece of clothing, half of the time they found it at Brooklyn Flea. Now, as a senior, being here for almost 4 years, I HAD to make the trip to Brooklyn to experience it for myself.

IMG_8581The Brooklyn Flea has grown into one of New York City’s top attractions, operating flea markets every weekend of the year that feature hundreds of top vendors of furniture, vintage clothing, collectibles and antiques, as well as a tightly curated selection of jewelry, art, and crafts by local artisans and designers, plus delicious fresh food. The delicious, artisanal, Brooklyn based foods are what makes up Smorgasburg.

Since the next few months will be getting much chillier, the Brooklyn Flea and Smorgasburg has moved to an indoor location in Sunset Park, BK. Its only open on the weekends from 10 am to 6 pm. With 150 vendors, Brooklyn Flea is the ALWAYS a fun idea for a Saturday or Sunday. Multiple Saturday’s and Sunday’s 😉IMG_8569

I just wanted to share a few of my favorite spots at Brooklyn Flea and the yummy treats I enjoyed!

IMG_8570dAns Parents House

Ask anyone who knew me growing up, I was always obsessed with toys. Figurines, play-sets, knick knacks, Barbie dolls, GI Joes – you name it, I had it. So, when I stumbled upon dAN’s Parent’s House at Brooklyn Flea, I was in heaven. Walking into the pop up shop is a trip down memory lane. The nostalgia and pure joy that comes over you is crazy. Dan’s collection of toys is remarkable and if you’re like me, I’m sure you’ll find a toy you once owned too! 

IMG_8573Ramen Burger

A juicy beef burger. Between two RAMEN NOODLE buns. Deliciousness. Joy. Perfection. Love. Children Laughing. Puppies. Basically, all of the feels you feel while eating one. I’ve been dreaming of them ever since. That is all.

I’m blanking on the actual vendor where I bought a super cozy, retro LL Bean fleece for these chillier weekends, but believe me, there are some great pieces to add to your wardrobe at Brooklyn Flea.

I recommend bring along some cash, and bringing along some friends! You’ll have a wonderful day!