Family Time

For those of you who don’t commute, it is a beautiful thing when your parents or family members come to visit.  A couple weekends ago, I was thankful enough to have my mom come and visit me from Michigan.  When your family is in town, you have the excuse to do all the tourist-y things and try out all the restaurants that you’ve had on your to do list.  I’m here to share with you the best of the best events that took place while my mom was in town!

1. Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge.  While I’m sure many of you have already done this, I was very late to the game, and boy do I regret it.  Walking across the bridge was a beautiful site that I have gone back to several times since I first walked it.  I highly recommend starting in Brooklyn and walking to the Manhattan side for a better view of the city!
  2. I-CE NY.  This Thailand ice cream spot is something that you have to see to believe.  The delicious ice cream is HAND ROLLED and made right in front of you.  The process is pretty incredible and you get to combine all your favorite flavors and toppings to your heart’s desire.
  3. Surfset NYC.  For all my fitness buffs out there, be sure to try Surfset NYC located at 64 East 4th St, 4th floor.  The class is based on surfing movements, static core training, and done all on a surfboard!  It was an awesome way to mix up my workout routine and try something new!  Find out more here: http://www.surfsetnyc.com/
  4. Friedman’s.  If you have yet to try out this classic restaurant spot in New York, you sure are missing out.  Everything on the menu is to die for and almost the entire menu is gluten free!  It is a great spot to bring your family, sure to make everyone’s appetites very happy.
  5. Egg Shop.  Everyone loves a good brunch and Egg Shop should be at the top of your list.  The quaint restaurant in Nolita has easily become my favorite place.  The egg options are endless!  Be sure to get there at a reasonable time or be prepared to wait.  Egg Shop is officially on everyone’s radar!

Be sure to try these places out soon!

Ashley