Goals for the Summer

Now that the school year has officially ended, it’s time to look ahead towards brighter days!  I’m staying in the city this summer and interning.  I was only able to see my family and be at home for 9 days and now I won’t see them until winter break.  It’s going to be really tough but I just have to focus on school and interning and bettering myself.  With that in mind, I figured I’d share some of my goals for this summer!

1. Have a successful internship and learn from my experiences.
  2. Explore New York City!  I have a massive list of places that I want to see, restaurants that I want to try, and fun locations to visit.
  3. Step outside of my comfort zone whether it’s at my internship, a new food, or just in everyday life.
  4. Continue to stay active and improve my health.
  5. Relax and have fun.  This one is going to be very difficult for me, which I know sounds weird.  I spend my entire year completely focused 24/7, rarely spending time away from my desk or photo studio, so now is the time.
  6. Educate myself.  There are plenty of skills that are applicable to my major but I am not allowed to take as part of my curriculum here at FIT.  So I am going to be using FIT’s resources and lynda.com – an online video portal with hundreds of videos that teach you about your desired topic.  I’m going to educate myself on Adobe Software such as InDesign and Illustrator as well as marketing strategies and how they’re applicable to photography.

What are some of your summer goals?

Ashley