Alert! Alert!

When living in New York, it’s important to stay informed and aware when a rare threat is upon the city. Most often, the threat involves Mother Nature herself. FIT provides a wonderful service for all students and employees called FIT Alert. This system sends out emergency messages to employees and students via emails, text messages and/or phone calls.

Such messages include alerts about extreme weather, fire or flood conditions, violence on campus or public health emergencies. Living in the digital age, we are never without our smart phones. This service allows you to stay informed about what’s happening in regards to FIT and NYC during stressful times, whenever and wherever.

Winter time in New York can be a monster! School cancellations due to weather are always texted and emailed to me, so I’m informed immediately. I also know that my parents receive texts or phone messages letting them know as well, so that your family stays in the loop!

It’s simple and easy to review your information in the alert system through MyFIT. You can specify which numbers you want the messages sent to and add more numbers if needed. Parents and spouses can’t enroll in the programs themselves, but can have their numbers added by the student.

Use this resource to keep yourself safe and informed at FIT!

xx,

Brendan