Notes From The 6 Train: New Opportunities Alert!

I’m a tutor at the writing center now. Yay! It’s something I’ve thought about much in the past and finally applied this past semester. I will begin working at the beginning of February. I know we’ve discussed the tutor/writing centers before but I’ve done more research since being hired.

The FIT Writing Center holds monthly seminars that focuses on different elements to improve your writing (super exciting for someone whose a writing nerd such as I). The FIT Writing Center also participates in writing conferences that take place all over, last year they went to Disney World and the year before they went to Germany (and from what I hear it’s sponsored by FIT, that just means = free! But I have to do a bit more detective work about this.)

Also, it is a paid position on campus AND is more than minimum wage. And you’re only obligated to work 6 hours weekly (but you can work more if you want) and they are quite flexible about scheduling. So when thinking about a job, you might not need to look very far, maybe just over your shoulder or a few doors down!

All things Color, Love, & Fashion,
Ayanna L.