Notes From The 6 Train: Winter Wonda-Land

In case you all didn’t weren’t attuned…it’s officially winter! Yay!

I know its been feeling quite winter-esque for the past few months, but yesterday marks the official beginning of winter. Winter can be challenging, as it creates of atmosphere of hibernation and isolation. Both of these can be draining, if you let it simply happen to you as opposed to settling into acceptance and/or appreciation.

Winter-Wonderland-Tumblr-1

To be honest, this is the first time in my entire life that I’ve been so welcoming of winter. The cold is difficult for me. And until last winter, I had never actually had to live in real snow (I come from Atlanta, so you know snow was a rarity for me.) However, I noticed a real shift within myself as the winter equinox this time. I am feeling the hibernation energy. More and more I realize how the outer climate impacts the inner climate. Just as all the creatures are preparing for winter, we should be as well. This means some type of hibernation, staying in to work on our passion project, watching, reading or creating all the things you’ve been “meaning to,” and more than anything, this is a time for self reflection. As the year comes to and end, there is no time like the present to review this past year. I don’t mean some basic surface level “review,” but taking a hot bubble bath and plunging into yourself. They’ll be no reason to rush out, the cold wants you to do just a little more self care than usual.

tumblr_maw8u2x42b1rbyt9ao1_500

-If that sounds like a bit of a challenge, here are some easy tips via Deepak Chopra to have a happy, healthy, winter. (That’s not boring, because I know that’s one complaint I hear often)

Walk in the sunshine for 10 minutes every day it’s sunny.
Walk in a really cheerful place when it’s cloudy, such as a park of arboretum where the trees are majestic in winter.
Spend regular time with the most cheerful people I know.
Take up a light recreational sport at the community center.
Mentor a young person.
Plan a dream vacation in every detail, living it through beautiful photos and magazine articles so that it feels as real as possible.
Turn quiet time alone into something inspiring by reading spiritual books or poetry.
Write letters, making each as entertaining as possible to the recipient.
These are all energizing options, the very opposite of dull. And that’s the key. Find inputs that are complete opposites of the conditioning that keeps you stuck in a negative situation.

Here’s the link if interested in the rest of this extremely helpful article.

All things Color, Love, & Fashion,
Ayanna L.