Notes From the 6 Train: Holiday Trunk Show

Shop small!

I am all about it. I have never participated in Black Friday or Cyber Monday. I’m not a fan of being squished into large small areas with a bunch of rambunctious shoppers. I’d rather be in the house with my friends and family swimmingly in love, (and leftover food.)

unnamed

I am lucky enough to work with a company, A. Bernadette, that hold the same type of ideals as me. They don’t seek to be a huge, fashion monopoly, and instead value interpersonal connections with customers. These values were reflected in the holiday trunk show which was buy one, get one free for friends and family.

The trunk show was unlike any other I’ve ever been to. Since it was family oriented, (though it wasn’t my family, but my boss’s, it was super cute to see) we all cooked, ate together and shopped together. (Well, they shopped, I try not to spend allll my pay at the company I work for.)

unnamed-1

This holiday season has been much more family oriented for me than last year. This is a testament to several things; if you are new to the city and still feel alone, it’s OK. Community takes time to build, but if you are open, it comes. Secondly, I am confident in what type of work environment I thrive in and want to continue to work in after graduation. It’s important to honor what type of environment feels right to you and seek out that type of place. This sounds easy enough, but you’d be surprise what type of decisions are made once graduation starts drawing nearer. Once you learn what type of work culture suits you, pay attention.

Maybe then you’ll get invited to fun trunk shows and free food like me!

All things Color, Love, & Fashion,
Ayanna L.