3 Reasons Why You Should Visit FIT

Hands down, FIT is a great school.  FIT is everything I imagined it to be and I am so happy that I cast my insecurities aside, applied, and got in.  But don’t take it from me. Visit us! Visiting the campus for yourself gives more insight to the walls and halls of our school better than any pamphlet, website, or  word of mouth ever could.

Heres why:

1. The Info Session

Admissions offers info sessions several times a week. Here’s what happens. You’ll check in with the Admissions office, grab a packet chock-full of literature about FIT, and then be directed either to the Haft Auditorium or the Katie Murphy amphitheatre. There, you’ll watch a short video about our school from the viewpoints of our students and faculty. Then, you’ll learn about our majors, tuition, housing, and how and when to apply.  The info sessions are about 45 minutes long.  Afterward, you can politely pick the brain of one of our Admissions counselors with all your burning questions. And then….

2. Take A Campus Tour!

After the info session, you can take a student led tour around the campus.  Student tour guides will happily answer your questions and share their experiences with you.  When I was a student tour guide, I really enjoyed helping prospective students and their parents solidify their decisions to move forward with our application process.  You’ll visit classrooms and labs, student lounges, the fitness center, our dining hall, our campus Starbucks, a residence hall, the library, and if you’d like, you can…

3. Visit the Museum at FIT!

At FIT, we have a museum on campus complete with breathtaking exhibits, dim lighting, and security guards!  The current exhibits are Elegance in an Age of Crisis: Fashion of the 1930’s and Trend-ology. Our new exhibit Beyond Rebellion: Fashioning the Biker Jacket starts March 4th.

Don’t miss it!

Jaiah

One reply on “3 Reasons Why You Should Visit FIT”

1. I am currently a junior at Colonial Forge high School in Stafford, Virginia, but plan on applying to and hopefully attending FIT in Fall 2015. I have visited the school a couple of times and I have attended both the Orientation and Information sessions which have been extremely helpful in gathering information about the programs offered at FIT. I also plan on going to the Junior Day on March 15. Last summer I also enrolled in the 4 day workshop through, the Pre-College Programs. The workshops definitely gave me hands on insight to the classes offered in Fashion Design, as well as the opportunity to experience life on the campus at FIT. I plan on attending another workshop session this summer again. I would highly recommend anyone interested in making FIT their number one fashion school choice, to attend all of the great opportunities to visit FIT and gather information about their programs.