Something I wish i knew before I started FIT

Hey everyone! Sorry you haven’t heard from me much, I’ve had the flu the first time ever in my life. ( Its been horrible) Anyways when I look back at my last few semesters there are some things that I wish I knew before I started FIT.

#1. MONEY, I saved some money before coming to school and work a lot while I am in school.. but I have never have enough money. Between books, food, class trips, the train, the subway, ect. My advice for this is if you have the ability to take out  extra money in your loan for the year. At least 1,500 extra, don’t go crazy and spend it, whatever you don’t use give back!

#2. The Commute. I know this doesn’t apply to everyone but part of this will. The commute does take a huge toll on my health , sanity , and relationships. I get sick a lot easier then I normally would, it definitely makes your immune system weaker because it really makes you tired. My sanity ( haha ) the people on the train drive me insane, one day ill write a post on my crazy train experiences and you will completely understand why. My relationships both at school and at home suffer greatly. When I want to stay late at school and have fun or do stuff with people I realize I cant stay to late because my trains start coming less and less the later it gets. Then once I’m home I am way to tired to go out with my friends or family and I have way to much work to do. The only plus side of commuting is I have an hour and fifteen minutes to do work. I have a portable Wi-Fi and my laptop I take with me everyday.

#3.Transfer credits. Be careful with transfer credits, for a lot of people your coming from other schools. I know for me if I went to community college and transferred to FIT majority of my  credits would not be accepted. I came to FIT straight out of High school, and my AP credits did not transfer. So if you ever want to know if they will or not,  they have special forms at FIT that you can fill out and find out before you take the course or before you decide to transfer.

I think majority of these things most people should consider before going to any college, I know personally these issues were far from my concerns when getting into and deciding about college. I got accepted to FIT and it was more like ” OMG I NEED TO GO SHOPPING” or ” I NEED TO TELL ALL MY FRIENDS” or ” MOOOMMM IM GOING TO NYC RIGHT NOW”.  When you get accepted your just happy you rarely think about all the other stuff. What are some things you wish you knew before starting FIT or college in general? Let’s talk about it.

xoxo, Kailee

One reply on “Something I wish i knew before I started FIT”

1. Hey guys! My name is Rose and I am an upcoming freshman at NJCU. I do plan on transferring to FIT of Fall 2016, but I want to know the website you mentioned which will tell me whether my credits can be transferred or not. I am fixing a schedule at the moment, and I am worried that my credits won’t be transferred. :/