“It was winter in New York as the snow began to fall…” -Ragtime (Pardon my inner theatre geek)
Winter in New York City is just as incredible as everyone says it is. While yes, it is absolutely freezing, it is incredibly beautiful. There are certain things that you have to do whether or not you believe in being a “tourist” in the city.
Here are my top 6 essentials/todo list in the city to survive the winter:
- Wear good boots! You don’t want your feet to be cold or wet from the slush and snow on the streets. Don’t leave the dorms or your apartment thinking “Oh, I’ll be fine” because you will be miserable within the first 10 minutes.
- Get a warm coat. Just like #1, you need to stay warm. I highly recommend a coat that goes past your waist to keep more of your body warm.
- Accessories are a requirement. Break out all your beanies, gloves, scarves, and fuzzy socks because the time is now. Comfy and cute is a fashion statement, people!
- Go see the Rockefeller Christmas Tree! It really is nothing like you’ve ever seen before. Anyone who follows you on Instagram will immediately envy the legendary and beautiful tree that is right before your eyes.
- Go ice skating! Bryant Park and Rockefeller Center have fantastic rinks. The holidays and wintertime will really hit you when you’re on the ice and it’s a beautiful, beautiful thing.
- Central Park in the wintertime. Do I need to say more?