Notes From the 6 Train: Holiday Trippin’

Unlike my fellow bloggers I am still in school. Finals are not over yet, tomorrow is my final final (HOORAY). It’s hard being one of the last lone wolves out here in these cold FIT hallways. However,  after the completion of my final I finally get to go home. How am I getting home you may ask? Plane? No, too predictable. Train? No. there’s no direct train from the city to my city. Boat? No, Atlanta isn’t an island ( though I have heard people refer to it as a state, when i’s actually just a city), it’s just in a state down south.

The bus! I know what you’re thinking, isn’t that like a 16 bus ride? Why yes, it is. I’m up for challenge though. My best friend just got back from London the other day and spent a lot of money traveling to Rome and Amsterdam, exploring and just doing amazing stuff. She is to spend next semester in Ghana, where she will probably do some more traveling and more amazing things. Obviously, she needs to begin to start saving money for the next world exploration. I, on the other hand, don’t expect support from my parents beyond school, and don’t mind paying for other things like books, food, transportation, etc. So, we decided in order to save money that we would take the bus together.

Also, I know this sounds a bit weird, but I’m kind of excited for the trip. It’s been months since I’ve seen my friend and I feel like this is one of those college things (or broke people things you do) and is a special rites of passage.  We’re going to make an adventure out it! The bus has free Wi-Fi & charger so we can watch movies, eat snacks, not to mention we have a lot of catching up to do. I like being pushed outside my comfort zone, and this is no different. I will let you all know how this adventure ends!

( The top photo is of the New York city skyline & the bottom is of the Atlanta skyline.)

All things Color, Love & Fashion,

Ayanna L.