I Am Thankful For…

Three more days….Two more days….One more day….

Thanksgiving break is almost here!! My favorite meal of the year is only a few more sleeps away, and I can barely sleep thinking about it! This is our first technical break all semester and I’m sure I’m not the only one who couldn’t be more ready and excited. Many other colleges have some sort of Fall Break but not FIT. I’m assuming it’s because we recognize many of the Jewish holidays in September? Think about it FIT, I take the liberty of speaking for the students when I say we would definitely not be opposed to some long weekend maybe in mid-October?? Like I said, Think about it 😉

With Thanksgiving falling so late in the month this year, it’s very very close to finals week. I technically only have a week and a half left of this semester after Thanksgiving! Where the heck did time go?! I can’t begin to explain how fast this semester flew by. I feel like just yesterday I was complaining about how hot it was outside, now its below freezing and windy and can’t seem to stay warm! I’d like to think I’m not the only one when I say how stressed I’ve been this past week with finals prep. My term papers are piling up – well, not literally since I’ve only actually completed one… My final exams are looming over my head. Lately I’ve been feeling like there aren’t enough hours in the day to accomplish all I need to get done!

Good point. Really good point.

However, there is an extremely bright light at the end of this weeks tunnel. THANKSGIVING! Thanksgiving technically marks the beginning of my absolute favorite time of the year – Christmas! I am so looking forward to escaping the city for a few days, retreating to my childhood home in Saratoga, New York and spending Turkey Day with my wonderful family and friends. I also plan on proudly gaining about 50 pounds within that day…only kidding hehe.

I am extremely thankful to go to school so close to my home, allowing me to be with my family on Thanksgiving. I know so many students at FIT are from across the nation or even across the world and are not able to have the proper meal and spend the day with their families. If I could bring you all to my house I would – but my house is only so big!

If you’re lucky enough to be with your loved ones this Thanksgiving, I urge you to take the time to tell yourself how blessed you are and to tell your family and friends how much you love them. Despite being very stressed and busy the past few days, I’ve been reminding myself of the upcoming holiday. I know I have SO much to be thankful for, oddly enough including the stress I’ve been feeling. Because if I wasn’t here at FIT then I wouldn’t be in New York, taking these classes, completing these papers, which are making me stressed. Sounds like far fetched idea but it’s true. I am thankful for FIT final papers and all. 🙂

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving everyone!

xx, Brendan