Exploring New Spaces

Greetings everyone! Like I said I want to help you all feel more at home both commuter students and on campus students. There are some quick and fun events that happen every week that you may not know about. I know like most of the emails I get from school most just go to spam, but the one I always love getting is that “What’s going on this week” email. Its a brief email about all the events that are going on that week and sometimes for the next couple weeks. I try to attend most of the events when I have spare time, there fun and it helps you meet new people that are interested in some of the things you are too.

It tells you where the bake sales are and who is hosting them, I always just so happen to be walking by that area that day. On November 19th from 9-6 the Merchandising Society will be having a Bake sale in A739. It also tells you my absolute favorite thing in the entire world of FIT, the Jewelry side walk sales. They always have amazing pieces for such reasonable prices ( So if you ever want to meet me look for me on Thursdays around 3:30, I never miss one). The new thing that’s going to happen this coming week is WEAR IT MONDAY, it’s a campaign that will feature orange wristbands with an imprint that says “FIT Civility”. Students who wear the bands on Mondays will be entitled to discounts at participating merchants. Lets be honest everyone, most of us don’t have a lot of money we are in college, so who wouldn’t like a good discount!

There is also work shops that you can attend every week, upcoming this week is “Making things with Self Hardening Clay” , ” Making Cards for Troops”, and an ongoing work shop called “Free Cycle Your Art Supplies”. Make things with self hardening clay will be on Tuesday November 5th from 12-2 in A739.What better way to make cool things and not have to pay for them right? Also Making greeting Cards for the troops will be going on Tuesday and Thursday, November 5th and 7th from 12-2 also in A739. I highly suggest you go to this work shop! You have no idea how much simple cards can make a difference in someone’s life, and it will only take you 5 -10 minutes tops. Support our troops, they risk there lives for us every single day. Another great thing that I actually already attended was ” Free Cycle your Art supplies” . Its happening from October 24th to December 19th on Thursdays from 12-4 in A739. What is free cycle your art supplies? It’s a great way to get new art supplies! It’s a space where you can donate art supplies for others that you aren’t using and get art supplies before you spend tons of money on them. So take a minute and stop by! Between midterms and finals art supplies can be costly , and I know I am certainly not made of money or are my parents.

Are there any events that you like to attend? Are there any events that you would like to attend, but don’t have anyone to go with?

Fill me in!

Lots of love, Kailee